The AFM Conference and Annual General Meeting this year was held at The Belfry, West Midlands, between 16 and 18 October.
You can view the Conference Video here:
Slides from the conference are available to view below*:
- Wednesday 17 October
Mark Goodale, Reliance Mutual
Will Davies, measuring Mutuality
John Thirlwell, Risk Management
Douglas Rouse, Save the Children
Paul Merrey, Strategic assement of the sector
- Thursday 18 October, Warwick Suite
- Georgesons/ Redtag/ Computershare, member consent
- Thursday 18 October, Sutton Suite
- Joelle Warren, Diversity Policy
- Hazel Hodge, Creating a gold medal winning board
- Ray Tidbury, Corporate Governance reporting
- Robert Wharton, Board remuneration in AFM members
- Thursday 18 October, Worcestor Suite
- IPSI, strategies for growth and efficiency
- Quilter/ Investec/ Sanlam, investment managers
* Slides presented by Bob Martin on the FCA are posted on the FSA website: to view, follow this link.
The attached paper replaces the slides from SMP Consultants.
We are here to enhance and accelerate the development of a distinct, unified, strong and influential mutual sector.
Just as an ecosystem benefits from diversity, so the world is better off with a multitude of corporate forms.”".
The Economist 2010
Your views, ideas and feedback are invaluable to AFM.