FINANCE MANAGERS' FORUM
This forum is run by Finance leaders, for Finance leaders. The main objectives of the group are :
- To create a network of finance professionals across the mutual insurance sector
- To explore topical issues in finance
- To encourage active participation from attendees
2018 Finance Managers' Forum
The next meeting will be held on Friday 20 July 2018, at the offices of Schroder Investment Management, 31 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7QA.
Click here for the agenda
Registrations are currently being taken - if you are interested in attending, please email Tamasin at AFM.
The 2017 meeting was on 14 July at the offices of Schroder in London. In opening the Forum, Lee Schopp, FD of British Friendly, and members of the AFM Development and Conference Committee set out the basis by which the Forum is intended to help Finance Managers 'Exceed Expectation': read the opening remarks here.
|morning session||afternoon session|
Introductory Remarks, Lee Schopp, British Friendly
Lessons learnt from Solvency 2, Graeme Charters, OAC
Economic and Investment Outlook, Azad Zangana, Schroder Investment Management
Accounting update: 2017 and beyond, Ray Tidbury and Paul Bennett, Mazars
Data Analytics, Steve Dixon, SDA LLP and Duncan Cleat, Clearwater Analytics
General Q&A and closing remarks
The 2016 network was held on 29 June at the offices of Moore Stephens in London. Slides from the event are available to download:
- PRA update and Day 1 reporting process, David Jeacock, PRA
- S2 and Corporate Bonds: turning constraints into opportunities, Martin Foden and Emmanuel Archampong, RLAM
- Annual P3 reports- what is required of PRA category 4/5 firms in 2017 and beyond? Omar Ripon, Moore Stephens
- The impact of lower risk free rates and guarantees under Solvency 2, Steve Dixon, Steve Dixon Associates
- Moore Stephens Solvency 2 Engine demo, Omar Ripon, Moore Stephens and Bo Orskov Koldenberg, Asseco
The network met on 22 October at the London offices of Rathbones.
Slides from the event can be downloaded here.
- Investing in a low interest environment, Noelle Cazalis, Rathbones
- Moore Stephens Solvency II engine: demonstration of calculation and reporting tool for Pillars 1-3, Omar Ripon, Moore Stephens and Bo Orskov Koldenberg, Asseco
- Solvency 2: accounting changes in UK GAAP and iFRS, Ray Tidbury and Paul Bennett, Mazars
- ORSA: practical experiences and regulatory feedback, Mick Campbell, Deloitte
- Working together to solve governance and operational challenges, Peter Bernie, Charles Taylor
- AFM update, Martin Shaw, AFM
Prior to that, the netowrk met on 29 April, hosted by Royal London Asset Management.
Solvency 2: How firms are preparing, James Orr, Chief Actuary GI,PRA (slides will be uploaded after 7 May)
Solvency 2: Quarterly asset reporting for Mutuals, Frank Carr, FRS
Will rates rise and how do we prepare? Craig Inches, Royal London Asset Management
Investment Performance Peer Group Monitoring, Sean Thompson, Camradata
Mutual Deferred Shares: experiences of CCDS in building societies, Jeremy Palmer, BSA and Celine Sinnott, Nationwide BS (slides available on request)
The meeting of the network was on 16 May at the offices of Barnett Waddingham in London.
- Solvency 2: Implications for mutuals, David Hare, Deloitte
- Solvency 2: ORSA: how are firms preparing, Giles Fairhead, PRA
- With-profits: impact of FCA’s policy statement on mutual capital, Viv Maclure and Ciara Russell, Barnett Waddingham
- Debt capital for mutuals, John Butler, Twelve Capital
- Shared service outsourcing, Phil Heaton-Jones, Steria
The CFO network met on 13 September in London and included presentations as follows:
· Asset allocation- lesson from America, Gareth Haslip, JP Morgan
· New accounting principles- impact on mutuals, Andrea Pryde, IASB
· Conduct regulation, David Morey and Phil Watson, PWC (slides sent to attendees)
· Mutuals’ Redeemable Shares Bill, Peter Hunt, Mutuo
· Update on AFM activity, Martin Shaw, AFMPrevious meetings:
The network also met on 22 Feburary 2013 at the offices of Barnett Waddingham in London, and included the following items (click a link to see the slides):
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org