Mutually Yours is the AFM’s digital news service. Click on the back-dated issues you’d like to read and sign up to receive the latest edition direct to your inbox every month.
21 August 2018
Mutually Yours, August 2018
Read all about it!
In this edition:
- Communication from the AFM C-Suite
- AFM Annual Conference is fast approaching!
- Five reasons why the time is right for Customer Centric Marketing
- Latest AFM Member statistics
- AFM's new Associate Members
- News from our Members
- Events and training
- And the winner is...
Articles contained in our August 2018 newsletter can also be accessed below:
Five reasons why the time is right for Customer Centric Marketing: With up to 10 times more profit than less tailored communications, maybe now is the time to take a closer look at Customer Centric Marketing. Read on here
AFM Member Key Statistics: Members of AFM saw their premium income during 2017 soar to over £1 billion, an increase of over £100 million in the year. That represents an increase of 12.2%, which is all the more impressive when compared to the UK market as a whole, which according to Swiss Re saw growth of just 2.4%. For more data, click here
The Oddfellows launches a new family finance brand, Unity Mutual
Holloway Friendly breaks the mould with readable, educational SFCR
The Exeter to sponsor local rugby team, Exeter Chiefs
National Friendly launches member benefits to celebrate 150 years
Benenden plays a vital role in health of nation
15 June 2018
Mutually Yours, June 2018
Read all about it here.
This edition includes items on:
- AFM in Westminster
- The new face of AFM
- How much do you know about AFM and its members: take the test
- Mental Health is everyone's business
- AFM's latest Associate member
- Member News
- Events and training
Mental health is everyone’s business
The surge in demand for mental health support and rising numbers of work-related cases, poses both risks and opportunities for insurers. “Astute organisations are adapting quickly to make mental health a priority on their agenda”, according to Antony Brown, CEO at CBT Clinics.
Unfortunately, mental illness is on the rise. The World health Organisation has said by 2030, depression alone, will have overtaken cancer as the number one global disease burden. In the UK, public concern about mental health has doubled in the past year. This sharp increase means mental health is now the second largest health issue that people are worried about, second only to cancer.
To read the full article, click here.
150 years of National Friendly: read about their long and proud history here.
Celebrating 125 years of the Metropolitan Police Friendly Society
Read more here
PG Mutual announces record growth; read more here.
13 April 2018
Mutually Yours, April 2018
The newsletter contains a range of articles, including:
- 94% of claims paid by AFM's income protection providers
- In memory of Jonathan Burton of Health Shield Friendly Society
- Reporting season
- In conversation with the Chair of The Military Mutual
- Mutuals working together
To read more, click on this link.
08 February 2018
Mutually Yours, February 2018
Click here to read the full newsletter.
This month's newsletter refers to a range of articles and materials for AFM members, including:
06 December 2017
This edition features:
- 2017 in perspective
- Changing Corporate Governance Expectations
- Member Updates
- Newest AFM Associate Member
- Taking Control of Your Data
- Events and Training
Click here to read Mutually Yours
26 October 2017
Mutually Yours, October 2017
This edition includes:
- a full summary of AFM's 2017 conference;
- AFM Board directors 2017-18; member news;
- news of three new Associates; and
- details of forthcoming events.
Click here to read Mutually Yours.