WELCOME TO THE ASSOCIATION OF FINANCIAL MUTUALS
Welcome to the Association of Financial Mutuals (AFM), the trade body that represents mutual insurers, friendly societies and other financial mutuals right across the UK.
Launched on 1 January 2010, following the merger of The Association of Mutual Insurers and the Association of Friendly Societies, AFM now comprises 53 member companies, who collectively look after the savings, protection and healthcare needs of 20 million customers and manage assets of £100 billion.
A financial mutual is an organisation that supplies financial services products, and which is owned by its customers, or members. That means there are no shareholders to pay dividends to or account to, and a mutual can concentrate entirely on delivering products and services that best meet the needs of its customers.
Get behind mutuality – become an AFM member
Join the 53 member companies who are championing mutuality with the AFM today. Financial mutuals are invited to join as Full or Associate Members and enjoy an array of attractive benefits, including:
- representation within the UK and Europe at corporate and political level
- press and public relations campaigning
- networking events
- training and development opportunities
- research facilities and specialist consultancy services
- access to publications and resources
- regular updates and insight via our monthly e-newsletter, Mutually Yours.
Our Mutual members
RESOURCE CENTRE HIGHLIGHTS
Press Releases / Comment
24 September 2013
22 July 2013
23 May 2013
Mutually yours Newsletter
Surveys, Research, Insight
29 May 2013
30 November 2012
MEMBER LOG IN
The AFM Conference and Annual General Meeting this year was held at The Belfry, West Midlands, between 16 and 18 October.
- Update from the Chief Executive
- Report on the AFM Conference and AGM
- Royal London confirms commitment to single brand strategy
- Solvency II - EIOPA Guidelines - all go for 2014
- Equiniti warns of risks closed pension and insurance schemes
- What do people think of mutuality?
Join us and get the latest updates with our newsletter