WELCOME TO THE ASSOCIATION OF FINANCIAL MUTUALS
Welcome to the Association of Financial Mutuals (AFM), the trade body that represents mutual insurers, friendly societies and other financial mutuals right across the UK.
Launched on 1 January 2010, following the merger of The Association of Mutual Insurers and the Association of Friendly Societies, AFM now comprises 52 member companies, who collectively look after the savings, protection and healthcare needs of 20 million customers and manage assets of £100 billion.
A financial mutual is an organisation that supplies financial services products, and which is owned by its customers, or members. That means there are no shareholders to pay dividends to or account to, and a mutual can concentrate entirely on delivering products and services that best meet the needs of its customers.
Get behind mutuality – become an AFM member
Join the 52 member companies who are championing mutuality with the AFM today. Financial mutuals are invited to join as Full or Associate Members and enjoy an array of attractive benefits, including:
- representation within the UK and Europe at corporate and political level
- press and public relations campaigning
- networking events
- training and development opportunities
- research facilities and specialist consultancy services
- access to publications and resources
- regular updates and insight via our monthly e-newsletter, Mutually Yours.
Our Mutual members
RESOURCE CENTRE HIGHLIGHTS
Press Releases / Comment
15 December 2014
26 November 2014
17 November 2014
13 November 2014
29 August 2014
31 January 2014
22 July 2013
MEMBER LOG IN
- Update from the Chief Executive
- AFM Conference and AGM 2014
- AFM conference: chairman's opening address
- "Why are all the banks the same?": party political conferences 2014
- All the latest and AFM member news
Join us and get the latest updates with our newsletter