WELCOME TO THE ASSOCIATION OF FINANCIAL MUTUALS
Welcome to the Association of Financial Mutuals (AFM), the trade body that represents mutual insurers, friendly societies and other financial mutuals right across the UK.
Launched on 1 January 2010, following the merger of The Association of Mutual Insurers and the Association of Friendly Societies, AFM now comprises 47 member companies. Between them, mutual insurers manage the savings, pensions, protection and healthcare needs of over 30 million people in the UK and Ireland, annual premium income of £15.9 billion, and nearly 38,000 employees (source: www.ICMIF.org).
A financial mutual is an organisation that supplies financial services products, and which is owned by its customers, or members. That means there are no shareholders to pay dividends to or account to, and a mutual can concentrate entirely on delivering products and services that best meet the needs of its customers.
Get behind mutuality – become an AFM member
Join the 47 member companies who are championing mutuality with the AFM today. Financial mutuals are invited to join as Full or Associate Members and enjoy an array of attractive benefits, including:
- representation within the UK and Europe at corporate and political level
- press and public relations campaigning
- networking events
- training and development opportunities
- research facilities and specialist consultancy services
- access to publications and resources
- regular updates and insight via our monthly e-newsletter, Mutually Yours.
Our Mutual members
RESOURCE CENTRE HIGHLIGHTS
Press Releases / Comment
08 July 2015
27 March 2015
15 April 2015
What AFM is all about
- Update from the Chief Executive
- Mutual market poised to flourish with new legislation
- AFM Member News
Join us and get the latest updates with our newsletter